Monday, July 7, 2008

Pounds of Produce

Today was official 80/10/10 day. I've been slowly working on it for the past week, but since I'm nearly done with the book, I decided today would be the day to go official and try the meal plan put forth in the text. So today was day one of the Summer Meal Plan. Everything went well until dinner....

For breakfast I managed to eat half a watermelon, or at least pretty darn close. That was a bit of a struggle, but good. For lunch, it was 4 peaches and 4 bananas blended together. Also very yummy. Later, due to having to stay late at work, I had an apple and kiwi for a snack. Dinner was where things got interesting. I started off with a mango with a bit of lime juice. Next was a soup that was a blend of a mango and tomato. Surprisingly yummy! The last course was the largest salad I think I've ever seen. We're talking party salad. A salad so big I was expecting eight people to show up at my front door at any moment. Nope... just me. It consisted of a head of romaine, a cucumber, tomato, and a blended red pepper/mango dressing.

Take a look at this monster:





Obviously I am not quite able to eat that many greens....yet. I ate about a fourth of the salad before I just pooped out. Not even so much because of being full, but just from getting tired of the taste and texture. Taste/texture satiation I guess. This is definitely going to take some practice to eat something like that.

As for working out, I was supposed to run today, but missed it since I was stuck at work for about 9 hours today, and an hour commute both ways. Better luck tomorrow hopefully. :-/

Fitday Percentages:

Total:
1828
Fat: 15 139 8%
Sat: 2 22 1%
Poly: 5 41 2%
Mono: 3 29 2%
Carbs: 443 1571 86%
Fiber: 50 0 0%
Protein: 28 113 6%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

1 comment:

grace said...

Hey there! I found your blog through an 811 challenge on gi2mr. :) I see that you drink Green Lemonade, and I'm wondering how you record its data into fitday? I find it's tricky because it's juice and I don't know how to log it. Could you e-mail me? Thanks for your help!! Good luck with everything!