Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Blog Has Sprouted

So everybody does this whole blog thing....

Well, I guess my time has come.

I decided to go raw May 3rd, 2008. I know.... I'm still new at this. It's definitely been a work in progress. It's pretty hard to go from stuffed peppers for dinner, to well, a pepper... stuffed with... air. So I remind myself- "Stuffed with vital enzymes!! So onward... eat eat eat, good fresh produce, let's be healthy." Easier said than done, right?

I started out by first kidnapping every book the library had on raw vegan eating. I read the Sunfood Diet Success system, Raw Food Detox, Raw Power, and a few others I can't remember right now. Next, was trying loads and loads of recipes. I tried doing the whole transitional thing at first... some sprouted grain bread, still holding on to some chocolate. You get the idea.

At first it was raw until dinner as per the recommendation of Raw Food Detox. That worked very well, but didn't care for the recipes so much. Eventually, I crossed over and said "bye bye" to most of the transitional foods. Then began trying new recipes. Bought Rawvolution, and tried those recipes. Yummy, but so many nuts... so much fat. No longer Yummy... now seeming icky.

Then comes 80/10/10.... ooooooh, aaaaahhhh. As far as I can tell, one of the most forum-flaming-provoking topics in the raw community right now. Unafraid, I ordered myself a copy (couldn't the good Dr. have made this available on the Kindle? Come on!) and greedily have been reading through it ever since. As of writing this, I've read the first three chapters.

So, in the short span of of a few months... I've gone from cooked, to transitioning, to mostly raw, to OH-MY-GOD-headache, detox-inducing 80/10/10- or at least trying for those percentages. Don't get me wrong, I think it's going to do wonders for me, but man... I feel like crap right now. Not only am I teetering on the edge of Migraine Chasm I'm hopelessly doing battle against the atrocious acne army straight out of Putrid Pimple Dungeon. Ugh.

At any rate, for my own record, I'll be keeping the details here. I know I'm not there yet, but I hope to get there.


Breakfast:
-Green Lemonade (1 c dandelion greens, 2 celery hearts, 2 fuji apples, 1 lemon, chunk of ginger, half tbs brazil nut powder)
-1/8th of a watermelon
-Banana

Snack:
-Ginger Lara Bar

Lunch:
-1/8th of a watermelon
-5 rings of pineapple

Snack:
-1 peach
-1 kiwi
-1/4 cup almonds
-Naked Juice: Mango

Pre-Workout Snack:
-2 bananas
-1 cup grapes

Workout:
-30 minutes P90X Chest and Back routine (push-ups and pullups)

Dinner:
-Guac (1/4th avocado, 1/8th c onion, 1/4th jalapeno, bit of cilantro) divided between two red romaine leaves
-Salad- 1 c. spinach, handful of raisins, juice of 1 orange, half a green pepper, half tomato, dash cumin
-1/2 cup cauliflower
-rest of small raisin box


Fitday Percentages:


grams cals %total
Total:
2012
Fat: 44 392 20%
Sat: 5 49 2%
Poly: 11 102 5%
Mono: 21 188 9%
Carbs: 419 1441 72%
Fiber: 58 0 0%
Protein: 39 155 8%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%



































No comments: