Monday, July 21, 2008

The Downward Spiral... and it's not N.I.N.

Apparently when I fall off the horse, I happen to be riding a horse perched on the edge of a skyscraper built on the lip of a bottomless abyss. This was not a good weekend with eating. It was a fantabulously fun weekend, however... so that's good at least. You can't "not" enjoy Six Flags, walking onto every ride with no wait, rock walls, churros, pretzals, and all that jazz. Unfortunately for those of us who prefer some good 'ole fashion produce... amusement parks think "apple" is just one of the flavors in Dr. Pepper and that "salad" is what you sprinkle on top of a creamy dressing. Obviously my diet flew off the handles as much as I flew around the roller coaster tracks.

I know I have been on a downward spiral for about a week now, and I think this past weekend was rock bottom. I guess if we look for the positive in all things, though, it can't get any worse and there's only "going up" from here.

I started off the morning with a pound of cherries, but wasn't feeling so good. No surprise there... a pound of cherries doesn't combine so well the next day with stuffed peppers and four peanut butter cups from the night before. How disgusting... yet, for some reason, in the midst of eating such things my brain tells me "mmmm." I don't think I should trust my brain anymore... it's out to get me. <.< >.>

So here we go... I'm not giving up yet. My fiance and I planned out this week to help me keep transitioning. I'm still shooting for raw all day until dinner. Then, on one day this week I'll do all 80/10/10. Every week I'm going to try and cut out one more cooked dinner until I ease into 811. I'm hoping this technique will work better then trying to base jump into it.

No comments: