Sunday, July 6, 2008

Family Fourth Food

Success! The 4th went great! My fiance had a family gathering that we went to. I brought two pineapples, a watermelon, and some strawberries and grapes. We cored the pineapples and filled them with strawberries and grapes and spread out the watermelon slices. Everyone was very excited about the fruit I brought despite being quite the meat and potatoes type.

Yesterday was another story. I had my cousin's grad party to go to. Unfortunately, I couldn't just show up with a bunch of fruit, and there wasn't that much fruit there to eat. So, I fell into cooked food traps again. The Snickers pie sure looked good, but it wasn't worth it. It didn't even taste as good as I thought it would. I feel like my taste buds are changing, maybe my smell, too. I'm finding some things are just no longer appealing to me, or if they are, they aren't living up to my expectations when I do eat them.

I'm nearly through my 80/10/10 book, so that's good. I went grocery shopping today and plan on following the book's summer plan for the next three days to see how it goes. I think I'm going to find it very hard to eat so much food, so I'll see how that goes.

Some things I've learned lately:
-Oil really really REALLY packs a bunch with calories and fat
-It's extremely easy for your fat percentage to go up
-My stomach needs to stretch
-No matter how much people like fruit... they'll still think eating mostly fruit is crazy.


Fitday percentages:

grams cals %total
Total:
1722
Fat: 22 202 12%
Sat: 3 29 2%
Poly: 7 59 4%
Mono: 10 87 5%
Carbs: 396 1365 82%
Fiber: 54 0 0%
Protein: 26 104 6%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

No comments: