Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Not So Phat Fat

You know, cutting back on fat is a lot harder than I thought it would be. I mean, come on, it tastes good. I ended up higher today than I would have liked. Nuts sit and tempt me and almond butter beckons my name! So the journey and challenge continues... how to get fat lower. I'm not sure I know the answer... at least not yet. Having only gone through three chapters so far of 80/10/10, I'm sure I still have a lot to learn. It's easy enough to eat fruit all day, but then you try to have greens at the end of the day... how do you make them more palatable? I mean, as much as I like romaine, or spinach, or dandelion greens... you won't see me sitting around munching on them like one of the great apes so often referenced in raw books.

Last night was orange juice, cumin, and raisins added to greens. Tonight was a dressing called "Rawsome Dressing" which is based on almond butter of all things. Of course, making such a dressing is bound to take your fat percentages up, but boy does it jazz up green leafy things. So at this point I need to figure out how to have my greens and eat them, too, so-to-speak.

Here's the layout for today:

Breakfast:
-Green Lemonade
-1c. grapes

Snack:
-Banana
-Lara Bar; Apple Pie

Lunch:
-1c grapes
-18 bing cherries
-7 strawberries

Afternoon grazing:
-Orange
-2 kiwis

Pre-workout snack:
-Banana

Workout:
-2 mile run

Post-workout snack:
-1/8th of a watermelon

Dinner:
-1.5c romaine
-1/2 red pepper
-"Rawsome" dressing (1.5 cloves garlic, pinch ginger, .5Tb mustard, .5Tb Nama Shoyu, .5Tb vinegar, .5tsp cumin, .5Tb almond butter, .5tsp sesame seeds)
-Banana


Fitday Percentages:


grams cals %total
Total:
1850
Fat: 44 392 22%
Sat: 6 57 3%
Poly: 13 120 7%
Mono: 16 140 8%
Carbs: 374 1258 70%
Fiber: 60 0 0%
Protein: 37 149 8%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

No comments: